Skip to primary navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Cancellation & Weather Policy

Ahoy there, adventurers!

We understand that sometimes plans change and life's tides can be unpredictable. If you need to cancel your Boating Adventure reservation, here's our fair and friendly cancellation policy:

Cancellation 48 Hours or More Before Departure:

If you cancel at least 48 hours before your scheduled cruise, your booking deposit will be fully refunded.

Cancellation 24–48 Hours Before Departure:

If you cancel between 24 and 48 hours before your scheduled cruise, 50% of your booking deposit will be refunded. The remaining 50% will be retained as a cancellation fee.

Cancellation Less Than 24 Hours Before Departure:

No refund of the booking deposit will be provided.

No-Show Policy:

In the event of a no-show or failure to notify us of your cancellation, the booking deposit will be forfeited.

Important Payment Information:

Our cancellation policy is based on the booking deposit, regardless of whether you choose to pay only the deposit or the full booking amount in advance.

If you choose to pay in full before the day of your cruise, the cancellation policy will apply only to the deposit. Any amount paid above the deposit will be fully refunded, regardless of the cancellation timeframe.

🌦️ Outer Banks Weather & Safety Policy:

Weather conditions in the Outer Banks can change very quickly, especially on the water. Your safety is always our top priority, and our captains have the final say when determining whether conditions are safe to operate. Typically, weather-related decisions are made approximately one hour before departure. If we need to cancel your adventure due to unsafe weather or water conditions, we will contact you directly by phone call or text message.

We understand that many of our guests travel from different parts of the Outer Banks to reach us, and we don't take that time or effort for granted. That's why we always try to make the final weather decision as close to departure time as safely possible, rather than canceling too far in advance.

We truly hate the thought of guests already being on their way when a cancellation decision has to be made, but unfortunately, with changing Outer Banks weather and water conditions, this can sometimes happen.

To help us keep you informed, please include the town where you're staying in your booking form when making your reservation. This allows us to better estimate your travel time and do our best to make any weather-related cancellation decision before you need to leave, or as close as possible to your departure time.

If we cancel your cruise due to unsafe weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances on our end, we'll do our best to reschedule your adventure. If rescheduling isn't possible, you'll receive a full refund of all payments made.

Please understand that even if the weather looks beautiful at your location, conditions on Pamlico Sound may be very different, and vice versa. We appreciate your patience and flexibility when Mother Nature has other plans!

Yo-ho-ho! We truly value your trust and understanding!